Saturday 22 August 2009

Ramadan

The beautiful month of Ramadan has begin once again and always seems to be confronted by controversy about the dates. I don't know why this happens especially in Australia, there is no unity whatsoever. I cant understand how a group of 'imams' can get together a month before hand and come to an agreement about the day it begins, and then you have the calendar that some follow and then you have people following there own countries... I mean who am i to judge? I am no one and i don't claim to be right. I just wish that people would revert back to the way the Prophet (peace be upon him) did it and that would stop the difference. Now that does bring the difference between Shafii and Hanafii but that's not a big difference anyway.

In Melbourne we seem to have people beginning to fast over 3-4 days... now I'm sorry that's just plain ridiculous! And i hate the categorisations that have started also... the TURKS started on this day or the ARABS start on this day. SubhanAllah we are all Muslims isn't that what its meant to be about. So if i fast on a day different to the ARABS does that make me a TURK, i mean seriously!!!

This month is about, peace, unity, self restraint and about Ibadah. May you all have a blessed Ramadan and remember to keep me in your duas also!

1 comment:

Welcome to Islam said...

Assalamualaikum

My sentiments exactly. Nice blog and its not useless at all lol

Beautiful blog. keep 'em coming.

Jzk for sharing